Thursday, November 4, 2010

Am I The Only One Not Going Ape Shit About Lil Wayne Getting Out Of Jail?

Lil Wayne has a reason to party. The rapper has been freed from jail after serving eight months for having a loaded gun on his tour bus in 2007. ``FREE AT LAST!!!!!!!'' his manager, Cortez Bryant, Tweeted Thursday morning. Lil will head to his crib in Miami, where friends are planning a welcome home blowout hosted by Cash Money Records Sunday night. The location is TBA, but celebs expected include Jay Sean, Drake and Cash Money CEO/rapper Bryan ``Birdman'' Williams, who is planning the shindig. Event planner to the stars Colin Cowie is behind the decor, food and other glam touches. ``I was never scared, worried nor bothered by the situation'' behind bars, Lil Wayne said via Weezythanxyou.com, a website he set up to give fans the inside on his jail life at Riker's Island. It obviously wasn't too bad there because the Grammy winner (Tha Carter III) literally didn't miss a beat. He released I Am Not a Human Being while in solitary confinement in September, hit No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart.

Listen, I like Lil Wayne. I enjoy his music. But he isn't Kanye or Jay-Z or Eminem or even a top 5 rapper. Like I didn't miss him one day of my life when he was in jail. I wasn't listening to music and thinking to myself, "man, can't wait until Weezy gets out. Music will be so much better." Hardest working guy in the rap game? Sure. Who gives a shit about that? The hardest working dude on the JV soccer team isn't playing with the big boys on varsity. I don't wait around, anticipating his next album like I would for Kanye or Eminem because they actually bring something new to the table with each song. Each beat, each lyric is different. They're able to actually touch upon things we can all feel like human emotions. You can feel the anger with Eminem or the confidence Kanye  spits.With Lil Wayne all we get now is pussy, pussy, pussy, weed, money, pussy, pussy. That shit is played out. It was played out in 1998 and it's played out in 2010. He's like Allen Iverson in my opinion. He gets respect because of his past and his marquee name but you throw him in the ring with the new alpha dogs and he'll come out limping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...