Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Hockey World Still Bitching About Sean Avery

Elsewhere in Bruins news, the B's visit the Rangers on Wednesday, which means facing Rangers initiator Sean Avery. "He's so despicable," Milbury said. Avery's latest brush with controversy came in Sunday's game against the Oilers, when he ignited a melee. "Avery brings this stuff on, and I don't know how his teammates feel about having to clean out his closet after he causes all this mess," Milbury said. "He's sitting comfortably in the locker room, and they're going toe to toe with some pretty big guys from Edmonton. It's real old for me. He constantly crosses — he's just a bad itch, and I just wish I could get one final scratch on him."

There are a few other players who share a similar sentiment regarding Avery, who is no stranger to controversy. Nashville Predators forward Wade Belak said, in so many words, that he wouldn’t save Avery if he was on fire. Quite an interesting perspective on how players around the league feel about Sean Avery. It’s probably a good thing for Avery that the Oilers and Rangers don’t play again this season, because the guys in the dressing room were very angry at the whole incident. Oilers tough guy Steve MacIntyre said this, and then Avery himself gave a response: “I thought it was pretty gutless. It just shows you what kind of guy he is. He’ll get his. Somebody who is bigger and tougher. He’ll get what’s coming.’’ Said Sean Avery: He asked me to fight. I guess they didn’t like how the fight went.” 

I love how his only reaction is: "He asked me to fight. I guess they didn't like how they fight went." I still don't get what all the outrage is for. Smid asked Avery to fight. He shouldn't have let his guard down for a second when dealing with a cold blooded killer like Avery. And look at the picture. He had one arm out to try and stop it. They make it seem like Avery skated up to him out of no where and clocked Smid when he was feeding his child or something. He's just embarrassed cause he got knocked the fuck out with one punch from a guy who is half his size.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...