Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Cardinals-Reds Brawl

st. louis cardinals Cincinnati reds fight brawl baseball mlb
God I love baseball. I love the excitement, the energy, the disappointment, and the bench-clearing brawls. After Brandon Phillips became my favorite MLB player by saying how much he hates the Cardinals, the 2B earned even more credit when he started a fight BEFORE THE FIRST PITCH. If you missed it, Brandon Phillips recently told Dayton Daily News:
"I'd play against these guys on one leg. We have to beat these guys. All they do is bitch and moan about everything, all of them. They're little bitches, all of them. I really hate the Cardinals. Compared to the Cardinals, I love the Chicago Cubs. Let me make this clear: I hate the Cardinals."
I love this. Not enough players come out and hate rivals like they're suppose to. I fucking hate everything about the Yankees but sometimes I wonder if MVPedroia or Youuuuuuuk does. Seeing a player come out and tear at a rival/ biggest competition to the pennant is awesome to hear and really gets fans riled up. So Dustin, if you're reading, come out and say "Fuck the useless piece of shit Yankees and I hope Tex gets hit by a car."

Now if you aren't a MLB fan, you might not know that the Reds are currently in a series with the Cardinals, so it was almost needless to say there would be some kind of fight. But before the first pitch? Fuck me that's awesome.

Brandon Phillips is the Reds lead off hitter so he took the batter box right off the bat. Apparently Brandon Phillips tapped his bat on Molina's shinguards (which isn't rare for a hitter when taking the box), but Molina didn't like it. In reality, Molina was probably just looking for a fight and I'm sure they were both jawing at each other. Immediately, helmets were off and masks were thrown before the benches cleared.

Here's a great video of the incident:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...