Saturday, June 13, 2009

Ricky Rubio Who?


Brandon Jennings won't be joining the Ricky Rubio fan club anytime soon. The promising point guard who skipped college in order to play professionally in Europe was quick to call out Spanish international and fellow hot-shot prospect Rubio for being overhyped, SI.com reports."Yes. Because he played in the Olympics, he's been playing pro ball since he was like 14. So there it is right there," Jennings was quoted as saying. "I can't wait to play him, though, in summer league. I'm just letting you know that now. I can't wait. "Yeah, I think I'm a better player than he is," Jennings told reporters after working out for the Sacramento Kings Friday. "I just shoot the ball better than he can. The only thing I've seen him do sometimes is when he has a home-run pass or something like that. I think the dude is just all hype. I can't even front. I'm just going to be real with you guys." Jennings also feels there's a number of young playmakers more capable than the Spanish teenager. "Well, put it like this: If he was in a workout with me [and fellow point guard prospects] Jonny Flynn, Jrue Holiday, Tywon Lawson, Stephen Curry, he wouldn't probably be at the top," he was quoted as saying in SI.com. When asked about their head-to-head matchup last year, the 6-2 Jennings boasted, "Well, when I played him, he had zero points, two assists and two turnovers. So you tell me how that went."

Well, I believe my fellow blogger had this one right. I too would never ever ever draft a European player. Once out of 50 tries you get a douche bag named Dirk, but other than that they are all a bunch of softies. And just saying, Jonny Flynn is going to be the greatest point guard in the history of the NBA. 20 years from now he might even be the NBA logo. All I know about Rubio is that he played second fiddle to Pau Gasol on the national team. If he isn't good enough to be better than Pau, then I'm just going to tune out right now. He looks gay, he probably is gay, and I hope he gets drafted by a Western Conference team so Shaq can destroy him in the paint. Welcome to America Immi-can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...