Friday, October 29, 2010

I Want Papi Back

Red Sox designated hitter David Ortiz explained why he wouldn't be "comfortable" coming back to the Red Sox on just a one-year contract, saying that he wants to avoid the 'roller-coaster' and 'controversy' of last season. "To tell you the truth, like everybody knows, I want to be back, and I want to be here for a longer period of time. I'm just a little worn out because of the negativity that I've dealt with the last few years," Ortiz insisted. "I don't think there's any baseball player that can deal with all the distractions that I deal with and play baseball. It's hard. I'm not a super hero. I'm just another human being, like everyone else. I've got feelings. I want to give this team another World Series, and dealing with all the other crap with people telling you can't do it no more, or this and that, I have no room for that. Hopefully next week we'll sit down and make everyone happy." Ortiz said that his representatives will be sitting down with the Red Sox next week, saying, "I'm pretty sure in one of the meetings I'll be there myself." The Red Sox have until three days after the completion of the World Series to decide on whether or not they are going to pick up Ortiz' team option of $12.5 million for next season. Ortiz, who admitted his injured wrist still "wasn't right" when starting the 2009 season, is coming off his sixth 30-plus home run season of his career (32), the fifth-most in the American League. He was eighth in the AL in OPS (.899), while totaling the 10th-most RBI in the league (102).  "I'm starting to analyze my numbers later in my career, and that's because of the crap people talk about," he said. "But at the end of the day, I'm one of the best hitters in the game.

I don't care if Ortiz bats .135 for the rest of his career. I want him to finish in Boston and go into the hall of fame with our hat on but having said that, let's not waste all our energy on him. We still don't have anybody playing third base or catcher next season with Beltre and V-mart hitting free agency. So, yeah I want Ortiz back and I think he will be but he's like priority #4 at this point. Beltre, V-mart and then wining and dining with Carl Crawford. Crawford actually might be #1. And fuck the people who ask what we would do with Mike Cameron if we sign Crawford. Who the fuck cares what we do with Cameron? Throw him on the bench, cut him, let him dick around in Pawtucket. I don't care. He'll be happy to be getting paid at his age. Back to the Ortiz. All that dude does is bomb is motherfuckers for a living. That's it. You throw him up there to bat and hope he has ammo because all we want him to do is blow up little huts in Indonesia. Is money even a factor for Boston? I don't care when they say the Liverpool purchase had nothing to do with Red Sox money. If you want a player bad enough, John Henry will dig into his own pocket to sign someone. Sell Steven Gerrard if we have to. I want Carl, Papi, Beltre and V-mart all in our line-up next season. Start blowing people up like Kosovo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...