Thursday, January 21, 2010

ApparentlyThe NBA Still Holds a Dunk Contest


CLEVELAND -- Kobe Bryant is taking a pass on the slam dunk contest, no matter what Shaquille O'Neal has in mind. Bryant nearly burst out laughing Thursday when asked about O'Neal's idea that the Lakers superstar should appear in next month's All-Star weekend dunk event with LeBron James and Vince Carter. O'Neal suggested the star-studded field as a way of luring James, who is skipping the dunkathon after initially saying he was in. Bryant won the dunking crown when he was a rookie. He says players should not feel a responsibility toward entering the contest as a way of giving back to the league. James has been criticized for backing out. Bryant would like to see the MVP take part. "Responsibility? No," Bryant said following the Lakers' shootaround. "People want to see it, so it's good to do it at least one time in your career. It's fun."

Dunk contest? Does that shit even still exist? I can't remember the last time I spent a friday night watching that garbage. Maybe it's just me but Shannon Brown hasn't gotten any emotion out of me since he was at Michigan State(pulled that out of my ass). And Nate Robinson doesn't do it for me. I don't respect a player that I could probably kick the shit out of with a hockey stick and bullet proof vest on. Who's the other guy? De Rozan? Derosen? I don't fucking know. That's saying a lot because I know a lot of people most guys don't. Give me a team and I'll throw some names at you that will have you stumped. Dan Gadzuric of the Bucks. Yeah, that just happened. ANYWHO. I could see Kobe laughing this off because he's Kobe. He's a multiple NBA champion and a sex offender. But what has Lebron done that warrants him an easy pass on the dunk contest? He hasn't won a ring yet or escaped a rape charge and going by Kobe's formula you gotta do all those things at least once in your career. Even I'm more qualified to pass up the dunk contest. Wait what?


p.s. if you're telling me you knew that picture above was Dee Brown, I'm not buying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...