Monday, November 2, 2009

Rondoooooooo For 5 More

Up against a Monday deadline, the Boston Celtics and point guard Rajon Rondo reached an agreement in principle on a contract extension, his agent confirmed to ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher. The deal is for five years and will be worth at least $55 million, a source confirmed to Bucher. "It's not over yet, I haven't signed the papers yet," a smiling Rondo said Monday at the Celtics' practice facility. Asked if the sides were close, Rondo noted, "Very close.""I'm excited, thankful, humbled," Rondo said. "Nothing changes, though. There's still one goal in mind. It's a great opportunity, but I'm focused on winning a championship."

I love Rondo and I love this deal. Don't even try to tell me that another team is set up for a championship for the next 3 to 4 years like the C's are. You gotta think that the big 3 have probably that many years left of quality play. And Kobe might have 4 or 5 years of being the top dog before he goes back to raping innocent white girls. The bottom line is LA has no youth or future like Boston does in Rondo. Orlando has Dwight but does anyone really still believe he has a premier offensive game? I think the finals proved how one dimensional he is. And the Cavs? Are fucking kidding me? Shaq is about 2 months from a career ending injury and Lebron has one foot out the door. So, yeah. I feel really good about this team.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...