Wednesday, November 18, 2009

If Lebron Makes It In The NFL, I Got Dibs On The First Blind Side Hit

BEREA, Ohio -- If LeBron James truly believes he can help the Cleveland Browns, coach Eric Mangini has an orange helmet waiting for him. "I think he should come on down," Mangini said. The NBA superstar, who was an all-state wide receiver in high school, said Tuesday night that if he put the time and commitment into it, he could be a good football player. "If I put all my time and commitment into it, if I dedicated myself to the game of football, I could be really good," he said Tuesday night, "no matter what team I was on." Mangini agreed, calling James "a freak athletically," and said the 6-foot-8, 250-pounder could be dangerous at tight end, wide receiver or even outside linebacker. Quarterback Brady Quinn also heard about James' football fetish. He would love to have a target like James to throw to in the red zone. "That'd be great," Quinn said. "Tell him to suit up and let us know, we'll get him working. Obviously he's an incredibly talented athlete. If he wants to try to play a little bit now, we'd be more than willing to pick him up." Browns nose tackle Shaun Rogers isn't convinced James, as great as he is, could step into the NFL and be able to handle the pounding. "I heard that comment," Rogers said. "I have mixed emotions about that. A great athlete? Yes. A football player? No." Rogers then looked into TV cameras. "Yeah LeBron, I said it," he said. "It's a punishing game. I just don't think you can step off the basketball court after not going through this year in and year out and just play football. From that standpoint, I just don't think it's possible. You have to weather and condition your body to take this punishment."

Hate Mangini, hate Lebron, and I think Brady Quinn is a pussy. Does Lebron really think he has the world by the balls? This is the reason why I get pissed off when people say how mature he is and how financially intelligent he has become. He isn't. At all. He's a 24 year old gifted kid who had the fucking world handed to him on a platter and he thinks he's superman because of it. He thinks just because he can run and jump out of the gym with his 250 pound frame that he's going to take the NFL for a ride but he would break every bone in his body. Then they say he was the best player on his high school football team so it's possible. Really? Jbed was the best player on my soccer team and he's a cook at T.G.I. Fridays in South Carolina. And they call him Dan Donkey Dong Donahue for a reason but he's not the next Ron Jeremy. So it's good to see logic at work over there at ESPN. I'd still marry the shit out of Michelle Beadle though. She's adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...