Monday, November 9, 2009

Just Needed an Excuse To Post a Picture Of Beckham Being a Good Guy

David Beckham has pulled out of the England squad to face Brazil on Saturday after the midfielder's club LA Galaxy reached the MLS Western Conference final on Sunday. The former England captain helped Galaxy to a 1-0 semi-final second leg win over Chivas USA to win the tie 3-2 on aggregate and reach the final against Houston Dynamo, which is scheduled for Friday. Beckham, though, was forced out of the match after 78 minutes after taking a knock to his lower back, and watched the remainder of the action with an ice-pack on the injury.

I hope this story isn't true and that Beckham didn't actually have to do some thinking before telling England he had to pull out of a friendly game for a conference final with the Galaxy. I don't think America has ever seen an athlete rebuild his image so quickly by simply playing his balls off. He didn't go on some PR campaign to win people back or anything. He just let his play speak for him and that's something you gotta respect. You could watch last night's game for 5 minutes and it became obvious that he's the best guy on the field every night in the MLS. Yes, even better than Landon Donovan. If Clint Dempsey came back then I might have different opinion but I digress. Tell me another player in that piss poor league that has the ability to change the outcome of a game with a simple strike of ball, whether it be from a shot on goal or long ball from the flank, he's the difference maker. So, no I'm not at all pissed that he's leaving again for Milan. He has too much talent for us. We don't deserve him.

Scott Boucher, I did some thinking and I change my mind. I love Beck's new haircut.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...