Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Fan Almost Falls at Home Run Derby

fan almost falls home run derby video arizona mlb
Major League Baseball was almost hit with another tragic event, this time at the Home Run Derby on Monday night. A fan tried to catch a home run hit by Prince Fielder and lost his balance but was pulled up by his brother and a few others. Last Thursday tragedy struck MLB when Shannon Stone died after a fall at the Texas Rangers game. This time a major accident was averted.
ESPN - Again highlighting the dangers of trying to catch a ball at a big league ballpark, a fan standing on a table above the pool deck, Keith Carmickle of suburban Kingman, fell over trying to catch a Prince Fielder homer. The fan was grabbed by his brother before going all the way over, where he could have fallen about 20 feet. Carmickle was dangling when he was pulled back up.

"I stepped up on the table, I missed the ball by 2 or 3 feet and went over," he said. "We caught three balls and I told the guys I was going to go for the cycle. Dude, they were really holding onto me."

Last week, a 39-year-old fan, Shannon Stone, died while trying to catch a ball thrown into the stands at a Rangers game in Arlington, Texas.

"He wasn't going down, I was holding on," Nelson said.

Carmickle said he wasn't worried while he was dangling.

"I bench-press 500 pounds, and I wasn't going down," he said.


This guy is a fucking idiot. The Shannon Stone incident was a complete and utter tragedy and gives me chills whenever I think about what happened but this is completely different. This idiot was likely Anne Tanked and standing on a table that was basically at the same height as the railing. Oh yeah, he was also barefoot. Just a genius idea. Plus he had already caught 3 home run balls already! That's cute, I remember when I caught my first baseball.

P.S. "Dude" what the shit is a "cycle" for catching baseballs in the stands?

























fan almost falls home run derby video arizona mlb
fan almost falls home run derby video arizona mlb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...