Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Tom Terrific Is a Better Man Than You Or I Will Ever Be

New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady deflected questions Wednesday about reports that he is closing in on a contract extension with the team, repeatedly saying his focus instead was on Sunday's season-opener against the Cincinnati Bengals. " The reality is I have a job to do and my job isn't revolved around worrying about what my future is right now. My job is to be the best leader for this team that I can be, and really to get ready to play the Bengals, and play really well. Because of that, I think it's pretty selfish if I sit here and that's all I'm worried about -- myself. -- Tom Brady on WEEI "I don't want to get into it," Brady said during his weekly appearance on Boston sports radio station WEEI on Wednesday morning. "For me, it's the same as it's been. I'm trying to find a way to score some touchdowns against the Bengals. I didn't spend five minutes yesterday thinking about my contract or future." Brady added that it's "pretty uncomfortable talking about a contract, because I know how coach [Bill] Belichick feels talking about it, and [owner Robert] Kraft does, and Jonathan [Kraft] does. "It's an ordinary Wednesday," he said. "We're getting ready for the Bengals."

I swear every time he speaks it reminds me of Jesus whispering to his disciples. Does he ever say something that's even remotely wrong? At this point I expect Brady to grow the hair even longer, let a beard show up and walk around in white robes for the rest of the season. Hey NFL, the king is back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...