Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Tiger Woods Is Still Better Than You

Woods, a 14-time major champion and winner of 71 titles on the PGA Tour, will play in the Ryder Cup for the first time since 2006. Woods, 10-13-2 in five appearances in the Ryder Cup, missed the 2008 contest at Valhalla in Kentucky because of reconstructive knee surgery. Without Woods, the USA, which had lost five of the previous six contests, defeated Europe, 16 1/2-11 1/2. "Did I ever have any doubt (about Woods)? I didn't think about it very much. I was just waiting and watching," Pavin said. "As I've said before, I was hoping that he would qualify on points. He didn't, and then I just waited to see how he was going to play. I was glad to see he's playing better. "Tiger is one of 12 guys on the team, and every one of them is just as important as another player." Pavin called Woods on Monday night and asked if he'd like to be on the team. "He said, 'Absolutely,' and said, 'Whatever you would like me to do, I will do, just tell me what you would like,' which is exactly what a captain likes to hear from any player on the team," Pavin said. "Obviously I was happy that he was very excited about playing, and he wants to be on a winning team, just like the other 11 guys, as well."

Did Pavin ever have any doubt about Woods? Uhh if a bookie comes to you and says he'll give you 1000/1 odds that James Franco will win an oscar, are you backing out of the deal? Absolutely not. It's all a matter of time before those two guys get on top of the world and dominate. But you know this was a bit of a bitter pill for Tiger to swallow. You only have to look at his response to see it. "Whatever you would like me to do, I will do, just tell me what you would like." How many times you think he's said that in the past 10 years? I'll go with zero. Good to see he's making progress in rediscovering his sexual identity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...