Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Sox Making Moves.


Yahoo - The Boston Red Sox have offered at least three players – no-hit pitcher Clay Buchholz(notes), Triple-A pitching prospect Michael Bowden(notes) and top outfield prospect Ryan Westmoreland – to the Toronto Blue Jays for ace Roy Halladay(notes), according to a source with knowledge of the negotiations. Because the Blue Jays, who are vigorously shopping Marco Scutaro(notes), are also looking for a shortstop, the Red Sox may be trying to draw a third team into negotiations to satisfy Toronto’s need.

I might be one of the few who are not willing to lick cheese off Al Roker's ass in order to get Halladay. Yes, I'd like him and if the sox end up getting him then you can me down for a dime spot on us taking home the trophy this year. Just think about going into the playoffs and staring at a rotation that had Beckett, Halladay and Lester locking you down for 3 games. I just wet myself. What I think Theo has to ask himself is irf the juice is worth the squeeze. Bucholz has good stuff. I'm not saying he's on the level of untouchable or anything but he has terrific upside. However, last time I checked you take proven talent over great potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...