Monday, July 20, 2009

Celts Sign Daniels...........(Insert Witty Comment Here)


Free agent Marquis Daniels has committed to signing with the Celtics, according to a league source. Daniels, 28, will receive the biannual exception contract worth $1.9 million, unless a sign-and-trade deal can be worked out. Daniels, expected to be used as a backup for Ray Allen and Paul Pierce, averaged 13.6 points and 4.6 rebounds last season for Indiana. The Pacers declined to exercise their option on Daniels, which would have been worth $7.3 million next season. Daniels, who started his career in Dallas, had also been talking with the Mavericks, Charlotte, Houston, New York, and Orlando.

How the fuck is this not a bigger story? I mean I understand that ESPN has this anti-boston bias but even this had to come out. Like how am I just hearing about this today? And why is no one exited about it? Is Marquis Daniels the savior? Absolutely not but he is ten times better than the one legged man known as Tony Allen. Honestly, if I had to watch another season of Tony coming into a game at a crucial point and then have him turn the ball over 3, maybe 4 times I think I might personally blow out his other knee and keep him off the court forever. I really can't think of a weak point on this team. Call me crazy but I think Boston saw Orlando get silly by trading for Vince I'mplayingforapaycheck Carter and then LA signed Ron Watchmeselfdestruct Artest and said, "watch how a champion does business."We got a savvy veteran in Rasheed coming in to take the pressure of KG. Daniels boasting his 13 ppg to help out the truth and rayray.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...