Friday, July 17, 2009

Tiger Misses The Cut

TURNBERRY, Scotland -- For the first time in three years and the second in a major championship as a pro, Tiger Woods will not compete on the weekend. The world's No. 1 player missed the cut Friday at the British Open, shooting a 4-over 74 at Turnberry that had him headed back home to Florida on the same day that 59-year-old Tom Watson tied for the 36-hole lead. "Well, obviously it's disappointing, there's no doubt," said Woods, whose total of 5-over 145 missed the cut by a stroke. "I was playing well coming in, and today, unfortunately, I just didn't play certain holes well. I was playing the first seven holes dead into the wind. I was playing those holes well; I was 1-under par and just right there. And then unfortunately three holes right in a row and I was 4-over par."


Nothing but watered eyes and long sighs from this guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...