Friday, February 11, 2011

Legendary.



BOSTON -- With a pair of first-quarter 3-pointers, Boston Celtics guard Ray Allen matched and eclipsed Reggie Miller's NBA record of 2,560 career 3-pointers Thursday night against the Los Angeles Lakers.  Allen took a feed from Garnett and got off the record-tying shot before Derek Fisher could rush out to defend with 4:13 remaining in the first quarter. Allen nearly assumed sole possession of the record a moment later in transition, but a 3-pointer from the left side of the arc wouldn't fall. A short time later, with 1:48 to go in the first quarter, he buried No. 2,561 from nearly the same spot as the tying shot. Allen got a wide-open look and buried the triple to establish the NBA mark. Between the first and second quarters, the moment was recognized in TD Garden and the crowd serenaded Allen with a prolonged standing ovation. After acknowledging the crowd, Allen went over to greet Miller, sitting courtside as an analyst for TNT, before greeting his mother, Flo, and his wife and children. "What I thought about is: 'Is it really going to happen?' " said Allen after the game. "I know I only needed two 3s, and on any other day, any other game, it seems like it would happen just like that. I wouldn't have to think about it. But that second three, it seemed like it was slow motion for me, because I saw the whole thing develop. "As I've gotten older, I play the game and I can see it, somewhat in a second motion so to speak. Where the ball kind of comes slow, like somebody is slow-motioning on TV. That's exactly how it felt, because the minute we got the stop and [Rajon] Rondo got the ball, in my mind it just started, and I just said to myself, 'This is it.' 

That's all I got today.  Ray Allen A.K.A. Jesus Shuttlesworth. The greatest shooter that ever lived.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...