Thursday, February 24, 2011

I Feel Like I Just Got Punched In The Balls

Just before Thursday's 3 p.m. ET trade deadline, the Boston Celtics agreed to ship center Kendrick Perkins Nate Robinson to the Oklahoma City Thunder for forward Jeff Green and big man Nenad Krstic, two league sources said.  Celtics director of basketball operations Danny Ainge said Wednesday that Perkins is out at least a week after spraining the medial collateral ligament in his left knee. It's a homecoming of sorts for Green. He was selected by the Celtics in the first round (fifth overall) in the 2007 draft. But he was traded with Wally Szczerbiak, Delonte West to the then Seattle SuperSonics for Ray Allen and Glen Davis.

If you take the emotion out of it and look at the players being swapped it seems like a pretty fair deal and maybe even a little favorable for Boston. I mean Jeff Green is pretty fucking good.  But that's not me. I don't take emotion out of anything and this just about sends me through the roof. I'm absolutely floored by it, even a tad devastated.  I don't really give two shits about Nate being moved but Perkins was the heart and soul of this team. He defines Celtics basketball. Unselfish, defense first mentality with a nasty attitude that you don't see in this league anymore and now he's gone. He even works his dick off to return earlier than expected after a torn ACL and how do we reward him? Ship him off to Oklahoma City instead of a new contract like he deserved. I don't know. I need a timeout to think about this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...